So I haven't written for 7 months. I haven't had time. Maddie, my daughter, has never been one to fall asleep in her crib on her own. I have always nursed her to sleep for her naps and at night time. She slept in the bed with my husband and I; and I never got a minute to myself. Well, on Friday night I put Maddie in her crib and after a bit of whimpering, she fell asleep! AND, she slept there until 6:30 the following morning! I got 6 hours of sleep and that was the best nights sleep I've gotten in MONTHS! Every night since Friday she has slept in her crib! YAY! So now, I have some free time. I had forgotten what free time felt like. It's nice.
My daughter will be 1 on Wednesday. On one hand, it has flown by; but on the other hand, I can't remember my life without her. Maddie and I got off to a rough start. She had some difficulties when she was first born, and she cried a lot. A LOT. That was a time I would not wish on my worst enemy! People would say "At 3 months it gets so much easier" and I waited and waited. And then 3 months came. It was not easier. Maddie is a major Mama's girl and she wanted me to hold her 24/7. I could not even use the restroom without her screaming like crazy! Then, slowly, I could sit her down to play for a few minutes at a time. It became a lot easier when she could sit on her own. When we moved into our own place in February, I noticed a world of difference. And now, Maddie is just a normal hard 1 year old.
Maddie turning 1 has been a lot harder than I would've thought it would be. I can't believe my baby is growing up! On one hand I am so excited that she is getting older and for all of the fun things we can do. But I want her to stay my little girl forever. It's sad; but also so fun and exciting and new!
On Saturday we are having her birthday party. It's a cupcake theme and it is going to look like a cupcake threw up in our house! I will post some pictures for sure. I know Maddie won't remember the party, but I will!
OK, I've blabbed on. Now that my baby is sleeping on her own, hopefully I'll have more time to write!
I hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
okay, so now your a blogger :) Faith turning one was hard on me too. They do so many fun new things, but you miss that "baby" part. Maddie has the best personalitly and she'll have you laughing so much this next year. It's fun :) Looking forward to her party - opps, I mean your party..hehe. Great job and keep writing!
Post a Comment